This exciting opportunity takes place in Puerto Rico, a jurisdiction that utilizes both civil code and common law in enforcement of the Rule of Law.
- Gain an understanding of civil law principles in property, torts, contracts, family law, and estates.
- Compare and contrast civil law and common law.
- Examine the unique status of Puerto Rico's relationship to the United States.
- Become familiar with the fundamentals of law found in many European, South and Central American countries, Mexico, and Quebec.
- Learn about Puerto Rico's courts and the history of Puerto Rico.
- Course topics also include Puerto Rico's environmental law, criminal law, legal history, ethics, dispute resolution, civil rights, constitutional and Puerto Rico's legal and judicial system.
Learn more: Hamline Law's J-Term Study Abroad Program in Puerto Rico
Date: January 02,2013
Time: 12:00:00 AM - 12:00:00 PM
Cost: See Puerto Rico Study Abroad website for program costs and tuition.
Contact: Deb Lange, 651-523-212 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Puerto Rico
Sponsor: Hamline Law