Health Law Institute Events
Follow us on Twitter @HealthLaw_HUSL
Upcoming Health Law Institute Events
If you need disability-related accommodations in order to participate in these events, please contact Kari Winter at least one week prior to the event.
- Please check back soon for Fall 2013 events!
Upcoming Health Law Events
- The 2013 Legislative Session Wrap-up & Health Law Section Annual Meeting, MSBA Health Law Section
1 Standard CLE credit to be applied for.
12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Friday, May 31, 2013, Saint Paul Town & Country Club
- Minnesota CLE Health Law Institute
June 6 - 7, 2013, Minneapolis, MN
- The ACA Today - Where Health Care Reform Stands in 2013, William Mitchell Alumni CLE Series
12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m., Friday, June 14, 2013, William Mitchell College of Law
- Health Care Reform Dialogue Webinar Series (2/4), Twin Cities Business Magazine
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 19, 2013
- 2013 Sharing the Experience Conference, hosted by Honoring Choices Minnesota
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Thursday, July 18, 2013, Ramada Plaza, Minneapolis
- Ethics: A Roadmap to Effective, Ethical Client Service, hosted by MinnCLE
Featuring Roy S. Ginsburg, 1 Ethics CLE credit applied for
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., Thursday, August 8, 2013, Webcast
- Hospital/Clinic Joint Ventures - A Mock Negotiation, hosted by MinnCLE
Featuring Katherine J. Douglas & Ryan S. Johnson, 1 Standard CLE credit applied for
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., Thursday, August 8, 2013, Webcast
- Health Care Reform Dialogue Webinar Series (3/4), Twin Cities Business Magazine
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 14, 2013
- Top 10 Intellectual Property Questions and Answers for the Health Lawyer, Hosted by MinnCLE
Featuring Felicia J. Boyd & Annamarie A. Daley, 1 Standard CLE credit applied for
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 21, 2013, Webcast
- The Clock is Ticking: I Have To Do What in 60 Days? An Update on the Affordable Care Act's Medicare Overpayment Rule, Hosted by MinnCLE
Featuring Jesse A. Berg, 1 Standard CLE credit applied for
1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., Wednesday, August 28, 2013, Webcast
- Health Care Reform Dialogue Webinar Series (4/4), Twin Cities Business Magazine
12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, October 16, 2013
- To receive Health Law Institute news and event information, please email Kari Winter, program manager.
Most videos are viewed best with Internet Explorer
- Protect or Surrender: Attorney-Client Privilege During Investigations (April 19, 2013)
Featuring: Hamline Law Dean Donald Lewis
Breakfast Series co-sponsored by the Hamline Health Law Institute and MSBA Health Law Section
- Career Panel: Pathways in Health Law & Health Care Compliance (April 4, 2013)
Co-sponsored by the Career Services Office
Speakers included: Cecilie Loidolt, Partner, Meagher & Geer, P.L.L.P.; Casey Martin, Compliance Director, Planned Parenthood of MN, ND, SD; Tim Janes, Director, Neuromodulation Compliance, Medtronic.
- Violence and the Future of Mental Health Law CLE (March 12, 2013)
- Bettison speaks in Health Care Compliance Skills course (March 11, 2013)
- National Speaker Series: Medical Practice Guidelines & the Legal Standard of Care featuring Professor Maxwell Mehlman, Arthur E. Petersilge Professor of Law and Director of the Law-Medicine Center, Case School of Law, and Professor of Biomedical Ethics, Case School of Medicine (March 7, 2013)
Approved for 1 Standard CLE Credit, Event Code: 175585
- Presentation, Reception, and Book Signing with Professor Jonathan Kahn (February 20, 2013)
Race in a Bottle: The Story of BiDil and Racialized Medicine in a Post-Genomic Age, New York: Columbia University Press (2012); Approved for 1 Standard CLE Credit, Event Code: 175721
- Tobacco Control: Comparing U.S. & Australian Labeling Regulations (January 30, 2013)
Featuring Cathy Caitlin, '89, Executive Director of the Australian Council on Smoking & Health and Doug Blanke, Executive Director of the Public Health Law Center. Approved for 1 Standard CLE Credit, Event Code: 174556.
- Symposium: Legal, Medical, and Ethical Issues in Minnesota End-of-Life Care (November 8-9, 2012)
Co-Sponsored by the Hamline Law Review
- Medical Tourism for Experimental Therapies: An In-Depth Exploration of Stem-Cell Therapy Tourism, Professor I. Glenn Cohen, Harvard Law School (October 11, 2012)
- Career Panel: Transactional Health Law Exploring careers in health law with Keith Halleland (Halleland Habicht), Neal Peterson (Dorsey & Whitney), and Nancy Husnik (Target Corporation) (October 4, 2012)
- Brown Bag Lunch & Learn with Julie Sherman of Medtronic: Exploring careers in Regulatory Affairs (September 25, 2012)
- The Affordable Care Act Decision: Implications for Health Law and Beyond (September 12, 2012)
- Career Pathways in Health Law & Health Care Compliance, Photos (April 19, 2012)
- Global Health Justice: Towards a Framework Convention on Global Health with Professor Lawrence Gostin - webcast
(March 22, 2012)
- Health Law in the Headlines: The Constitutionality of Individual Mandates (September 7, 2011)
- The Economic Consequences of the Affordable Care Act: Should We Worry? with Professor Barry R. Furrow (April 5, 2011)
- Interview with Barry Furrow: Read the transcript.
- Listen to the interview.
- See PowerPoint slides from the presentation.
- The U.S. Public Health Service Inoculation Studies in Guatemala, 1946-48: Why do they Matter Now? (February 9, 2010)
- Webcast featuring Professor Lucinda Jesson, "What Physicians and Lawyers Should Know About Health Care Reform" (December 8, 2010)
- Symposium: Rethinking Regulation in an Era of Reform (November 11 to 12, 2010)
- Health Care Forum (November 8, 2010)