There's still time to register for the Hamline Law Review Spring 2009 Symposium, which will be held on April 3 at Hamline University. The Symposium will focus on "The Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act: Searching for the Crossroads of Safety and Innovation."
James Beck, Counsel, Dechert LLP; David Prince, Professor, William Mitchell College of Law; Richard Samp, Chief Counsel, Washington Legal Foundation; Catherine Sharkey, Professor, New York University School of Law; David Vladeck, Professor, Georgetown University Law Center; and Robert Weiner, Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP.
Topics will include:
- Prescription Drug and Medical Device Preemption: Where We Are and Where We May Be Headed
- Congressional Oversight of Supreme Court Preemption Decisions
- Preemption in Pharmaceutical Litigation after Levine
- Agency Accountability: Federation Preemption's Future
- Preemption of Product Liability Claims Against Drug and Medical Device Manufacturers
- FDA Preemption, Wyeth, Congress and a Crystal Ball
- Name Brand Exposure for Generic Drug Use: Prescription for Liability
For more information and to register, contact Deb Lange at 651-523-2122 or firstname.lastname@example.org